A little Bit About Me

My photo




Someplace in Thyme

I have been creating since I was a little girl. I am happy to say that having my own website has opened up a whole new world for me. Trying new mediums is a joy and sometimes a real eye opener. I sell what I create on etsy and my website, someplaceinthyme. If you have questions,please email me at cpeterson72@q.com. I welcome new blog friends and am honored if you find my little piece of heaven interesting enough to follow.

Monday, March 22, 2010

Vintage Alphabet Party

It's time once again to have a little fun. It's time for the Vintage Alphabet Party over on the Etsy Cottage Style blog. This time we are celebrating the letters "C" and "D". If you would love to see what the other participants are showcasing, just go HERE. Enjoy!
I decided to show a cottage "doll" that I created and made using the sweetest fabrics. If you love roses, she is the gal for you. Vintage lace was used on her pantaloons and dress.

The letter "C" just has to be for cookies. Lovely faux cookies, decorated, sugared and served in a beautiful bowl. No vintage here, but fat free, calorie free and sugar free too. Sorry, I just couldn't help myself.

Is there a little bit of the primitive in you? Here's another doll that brought out the primitive in me. I just love her.
All these items are for sale on my website HERE just in case you are interested. Either way, I hope you enjoy looking at the items I picked out for these fun letters.

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

So-o-o-o Sweet!! All that pink in the doll & the cookies & I love the primitive doll too!!
Have a Wonderful Week!!
Love,
Marilyn
xxoo

stefanie said...

cute and fun!!!

mimi said...

Hi Char,
Just hopping over from Etsy cottage Style. I love your sweet little dolls. You add such wonderful detail. It is easy to see how much love went into making them. I enjoyed my visit to your blog.
Fondly,
Mimi
PS those cookies look good enough to eat :)

Chris said...

Char, Your dolls are so wonderful and have such sweet faces and such lovely details!! You are one talented gal!

GwendolynKay said...

Your dolls are darling. They remind me of the raggedy ann dolls my grandmother used to make.
Blessings!
Gwen

deb said...

Sweet doll and such cute cookies!!
*hugs*deb

Debbi said...

I want to eat those cookies--but I cant!! Your dolls are gorgeous as always!

Elyse said...

oh, it's all so sweet (and so you), char!

happy spring

xo
elyse

Unknown said...

What great dolls and those cookies...yum. Those prims are vintage design and pastry decorating is an old art.
You fit vintage to a C & D!

Ana said...

Oh Char, how I wish those sweet cookies were real. Imagine a real sugar-free, fat-free, calorie-free cookie...Never going to happen huh? But I can dream :-) Anyway, your faux cookies are pretty and that doll is very, very sweet. Have a wonderful day.

Hugs and Kisses,
♥Ana

A Rose Without A Thorn said...

Hello Char, I love your cottage dolls, just lovely. Hope you are well, Maureen.....

Shirley said...

Hi Char, I thought I would do a little blog reading before I went to bed. It has been an emotional roller coaster for me. I love your dolls and I wish your cookie was real I could use one about now. Take care.

myletterstoemily said...

such adorable vintage dolls!

you are quite talented! every
tiny detail is exquisite.

blessings,
lea

Decor To Adore said...

Oh that first doll~ ca ute!

See you Saturday sweet friend.

Vicki said...

Hi, Char,
I love your sweet raggedy dolls! Your heart cookies are wonderful, too. I am fortunate to have some of your faux cookies and dearly love to decorate with them. I hope you are having a beautiful week full of the promise of spring. Vicki

Tania said...

Hi char, thanks for dropping by. Your faux cookies are amazing and look so yummy I will pop over and check out the others.

Nancy said...

I love your dolls. I keep putting off your trims to add more. Stopping today, and will just send on anything in the future that says "Char". You'll be making tassels for years! :-)

Paula said...

Dear Char,

Your dolls are so darling, and I love the beautiful faux cookies! They are so sweet! You are a talented lady! Thanks so much for visiting and for your sweet comment!
Love, Paula

Anonymous said...

I think you create the sweetest thing as always - sweet to the heart . . . to the eyes . . . uh uh but not to the teeth as it may crack LOL One just have to resist :-)The dollies are lovely lovely!

Mizpah,
Li