A little Bit About Me

My photo




Someplace in Thyme

I have been creating since I was a little girl. I am happy to say that having my own website has opened up a whole new world for me. Trying new mediums is a joy and sometimes a real eye opener. I sell what I create on etsy and my website, someplaceinthyme. If you have questions,please email me at cpeterson72@q.com. I welcome new blog friends and am honored if you find my little piece of heaven interesting enough to follow.

Thursday, March 18, 2010

THANKYOU SO MUCH MARILYN!

Some people have lots of luck. They win everything they enter. I am not one of those people. The truth is, I have won only two give a ways since I have been blogging. Notice, that I did not say the "sad" truth is. This is because......LOOK WHAT I JUST RECEIVED IN THE MAIL!!!
I am doing the HAPPY DANCE!!! Right now, I am the luckiest girl on the planet!!!!! THANK YOU so much Marilyn. I was the first winner of Marilyn's give a way on her blog, Our Victorian Cottage. You can visit sweet Marilyn and see what she has been up to HERE. It will be worth every minute, I promise you.

Hand made embroidery and crochet work. I can't begin to describe how beautiful this work is. The above picture is of a gorgeous round doily, you can see all the work that Marilyn put into this.

This piece is a dresser scarf and both have all my favorite colors. Pink two toned, lavender and blue daisies, scroll work and lots of over the top crochet work too. I LOVE THESE and they will be given a place of honor in my home.


I have been down with a cold and tomorrow my two year old grandson has to have a skin graph on two of his fingers due to an injury with the treadmill. This special gift could not have come at a better time. I feel truly blessed.

I know that hand crafted gifts come from the heart and the hand. I will treasure these forever my friend. I thank you so much from the bottom of my heart. Your work is over the top gorgeous and could not be more perfect. You have blessed me.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are so very welcome my friend!! I so love to do these pieces & I am so glad you like them!!
Must do my "thing" tomorrow...aaarrrggghhhh!! I will post on my blog when I get back.
Have a Peaceful Evening!!
Love,
Marilyn
xxoo

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Lovely dresser scarves and embroidered so pretty.

Glad you won.

hugs
Sissie

CC said...

Lovely pieces of embroidery and crochet....and a sweeter lady could not have won. I'm so happy for you...

Brenda ~ The Heminger Farmhouse said...

Hi Char!!! I'm so happy you found my little blog :) I started it about a week or so ago; not very long. Thought since I was following a few blogs, I might as well go ahead and start my own. It will mostly be about things I decorate in my home and such, items I've created for Ebay, and treasures I'm able to find. I'll be following your sweet blog, and checking up to see what all you have to post about :) Warmest, Brenda

The Old Parsonage said...

Oh now see, you are lucky! What a beautiful prize too! I'll have to pop over and pay her a visit!

Enjoy!
Leann

sandisstuff said...

What a lucky lady you are Char. Those are exquisite and knowing how you love linens - I know you will cherish them. They are beautiful Marilyn and you gave Char a much needed boost. Hugs - Sandi

Julie Marie said...

Hello Char, your handmade gifts are just beautiful, and I am so happy that they came to you at a time you really needed them... good luck tomorrow for your sweet grandson, and I do hope you are feeling better too... thank you so much for your heartfelt comments on my post today, I so appreciate them... xoxo Julie Marie

Mimi said...

HI CHAR!!!!
OH my goodness those are SOOO BEAUTIFUL!!!!
I love Marilyn's Blog and I knew she was crafty, so I expect her thigns would be that lovely!!!
Oh gosh those are so pretty, and I know you will treasure those!!!!
I hope your little grand son does ok tomorrow, how sad for a 2 year old, OH I will be saying a Prayer for him
hugs,
jamie
let me know how he does

Carolyn said...

Congratulations on your win-they are lovely and I am sure you will enjoy them.
Thanks for visiting me,
Carolyn

Shirley said...

I really like your winnings. They are beautifully done. I will say a prayer for your little one. You almost wish that you could be the one in pain instead of them. Grandmothers are like that or at least I am. You Take care and I hope your cold gets better. Your Missouri Friend.

Anonymous said...

It is lovely and precious! The details of the embroidery I love. And yes, I am sure too that with every stitch in it, there is love for the work - which makes it precious! COngratulations and happy to see that with all that has happened this have made you smile - seeing you have also found a new friend :-)

Mizpah,
Li

Unknown said...

Congratulations, Char! What a fabulous win! The pieces are so beautiful. She is certainly very talented! You lucky ducky!

I hope you feel better soon and that all goes well for your sweet little grandson.

Enjoy your beautiful doily and dresser scarf, they are stunning!

Cheers!
Tina

Mary said...

Hi Char!
What a wonderful win! Very lovely!
Congrats sweety!
XO Mary :)

Paula ~ castleandcottagesigns said...

Hi Char!
Thanks so much for stopping by & entering my giveaway...I feel so blessed to have such true friends in blogland!! What a gorgeous embroidery..something my mom used to do and it brings back such warm memories for me:)
Love all your pillows and beautiful items in your shops...you are one very talented lady! Looking forward to future visits!
hugs,
paula:)

Shirl said...

Hello Char, thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a sweet comment. I guess you are doing the happy dance, these emroidered linens that you won are just stunning. How beautiful. Lucky girl! Your towels and pillow on previous post that you made are just beautiful. I love all your creations.
Have a great week!
Blessings, Shirl
Shirls Rose Cottage

Simply Debbie said...

HAPPY PINK SATURDAY, WHETHER YOU JOINED IN OR NOT AND HAPPY FIRST DAY OF SPRING.
FOR OUR FIRST DAY OF SPRING WE RECEIVED 3.5 INCHES OF SNOW AND ICE AND HIGH WINDS...FRIDAY THE TREE POLLEN WAS 100% AND PEOPLE WERE SNEEZING EVERYWHERE.
I AM SO VERY HAPPY YOU WON MARILYN'S EMBROIDERED SCARVES WITH LACE. I STOPPED ENTERING HER GIVE AWAYS BECAUSE THE THINGS ARE SO BEAUTIFUL AND I DESIRE THEM SO MUCH, IT HURTS TO LOOSE. I KNOW THAT IS NOT A GOOD IDEA BUT THE ONES THAT ARE PICKED ARE OUT OF MY LEAGUE. EVEN THE SIMPLETON'S LOVE AND CHERISH BEAUTIFUL THINGS AND KEEP THEM THAT WAY.
SO GOOD TO VISIT WITH YOU CHAR.
YOU ARE A SWEET AND KIND FRIEND.
HUGS
SIMPLY DEBBIE