A little Bit About Me

My photo




Someplace in Thyme

I have been creating since I was a little girl. I am happy to say that having my own website has opened up a whole new world for me. Trying new mediums is a joy and sometimes a real eye opener. I sell what I create on etsy and my website, someplaceinthyme. If you have questions,please email me at cpeterson72@q.com. I welcome new blog friends and am honored if you find my little piece of heaven interesting enough to follow.

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

FALL DECORATING IN THE DESERT

This is the view of my front door. I bought this beautiful wreath at Home Goods last year. I am in love with the variety of pumpkins and the colors.

Such a pretty wreath, I would love to keep it up all year long, but I guess my neighbors may not like that. I had my Easter wreath up all summer due to my accident. Everyone must have thought I had lost my mind. Can you just imagine an egg wreath in July when it's over 105 degrees outside. HA! Oh well, at least I gave everyone something to talk about!

Of course you have to have some pumpkins at the door too. These are being watched over by a sweet bear with a welcome sign. He is there all year long with a smile on his face. He must love what he does.

Oh course, you have to have someone watch over the pumpkins and keep them from the crows, right?

Somehow this guy looks too cute to be taking my pumpkins, or maybe he is welcomeing  his friends to help themselves........hummmm

Colorful mums are aways a welcome sight and the colors are perfect.

Fall leaves wrapped around a porch railing.

Another wreath graces my gate to the entrance of my front porch.

More pumpkins, but also some pods, cones and berries.

Don't you just love this time of year? I hope you have enjoyed seeing some of my desert colors and will come back later for some of my Halloween decorations.

9 comments:

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

I just love your happy and festive fall decorations.

hugs
Sissie

Mari said...

HELLO CHAR.

WHAT A BEAUTIFUL JOB YOU DID DECORATING YOUR HOME, LOVE THE WREATH, ISN'T HOME GOODS AWESOME!!! AND I JUST ADORE YOUR SWEET SCARECROW :) IF YOU FIND HIM MISSING YOU JUST MIGHT WANT TO CHECK ON MY LAWN....GIGGLES!!

XOX~MARI

Victorian1885 said...

Beautiful!!

Wanda

Sue McPeak said...

Yes, I do just love the colors of Fall and this time of the year. I loved seeing all of your Fall decorations. BTW...Easter egg wreath during the summer heat...works for me...at least we knew the eggs were well done!

Anonymous said...

Hello,

This is a inquiry for the webmaster/admin here at someplaceinthyme.blogspot.com.

Can I use part of the information from your post above if I provide a link back to this site?

Thanks,
Harry

Char said...

Harry, because you are anonymous, I would like to know how you are going to use the info.

Bella's Rose Cottage said...

Hi Char,
Lovely job decorating!! I love crows for fall, yours is just darling:-))
Thanks for your so sweet comment tonight!
Bella

Anonymous said...

I am loving the lighter colored pumpkins along with the traditional colors of autumn. It's just so dang colorful, warm and inviting all over blogland.

Thanks for stopping by today and I'm off to look at more of your blog. Hugs. Tammy

Unknown said...

Oh how pretty. You're lucky tho....
you get the desert reds, browns, golds, grey'd greens, and browns all year round. I love those colors.