A little Bit About Me

My photo




Someplace in Thyme

I have been creating since I was a little girl. I am happy to say that having my own website has opened up a whole new world for me. Trying new mediums is a joy and sometimes a real eye opener. I sell what I create on etsy and my website, someplaceinthyme. If you have questions,please email me at cpeterson72@q.com. I welcome new blog friends and am honored if you find my little piece of heaven interesting enough to follow.

Sunday, March 13, 2011

We Are Blessed.......And Heaven Fills The Air

You can walk outside your back door and pick a fresh tangelo right off the tree!!

Yep, they are just hanging there, waiting for some lucky person to come along and snatch one up...or maybe two.

Just look at the gorgeous color. Wow!! And it tastes just as good as it looks.
If you are not a tangelo kind of gal, how about some ruby red grapefruit??


We had a lot of fruit on the trees this year and it just keeps getting better and better. Lots of new growth too, but no blooms yet.


Lots of sweet yummy goodness growing here.

Citrus can withstand the heat of a desert summer. We are very fortunate in that regard and our reward is being able to go outside and pick some juicy and nutritional fruit.


Oranges, oh yeah, we have those too. These should have been picked by now, but the longer they stay on the tree, the sweeter they get.


If you look closely, you can see little white buds on the tree. I am hoping for lots of fruit this year. This orange tree is a juice orange and not as good for peeling and eating. Great fruit if you love orange juice or like to make a salad dressing using the juice of fruit.


Blooms on my Meyer lemon already, and a little welcome guest. I got ever so lucky when I was able to capture my friend here doing his thing. Ya just gotta love the bees. That gives me an idea, maybe I will create a sign that welcomes these little guys into my yard!


I wish I could share this sweet scent with you, right through the computer, smells like heaven.
If you are not familiar with the way citrus grows, just look at the bottom of this picture and you will see the beginnings of a new baby lemon.......where the green spot is......yep! that's it baby!!


Our friend is keeping busy and earning his keep. The air is filled with spring and I am so blessed. Thank you God above for giving my garden life, and for the fruit it brings.

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Awesome! Nothing better than the sweet smell of the blossoms of lemons & oranges.
Beautifully captured.

Happy St. Paddy's Day ~
Have a beautiful week ~
TTFN ~
Marydon

CSN GIVEAWAY ENDS 3/17

Julie Marie said...

Hello Char... your garden truly does look like Heaven on earth... thank you for sharing your beautiful photos... wishing you the rest of an enchanting Sunday... xoxo Julie Marie PS I love your music...

Lynn said...

Oh my... I can only imagine the amazing marmalades I could make! Enjoy:@)

sweet violets said...

Oh Char, how exciting!!! They are ready now??? Or are they just setting blooms??? Lucky you....cleo

Donnie said...

We used to have a tangerine tree in our yard and it had the best fruit. We've never been able to buy tangerines that taste as sweet as those did. Lovely photos.

buyffxivgil said...

What a wonderful gift for Spring that is. The smell of your yard or even the house maybe a haven for me. Love love citrus.

Decor To Adore said...

Oh what a beautiful bounty!

I am contacting everyone as a reminder and an inquiry to see if they are attending the AZ blogger's luncheon on March 26th as I have to call the tea room on in the next few days with a head count.

Details are on the Monday (3-14) post of my blog.

If you are attending please leave a comment on that post.

Thank you and be blessed!

Daphne Nicole & Lynda Cade said...

Everything looks so beautiful... and looks so Spring!!!
hugs~~~ Daphne

Donna said...

Oh my gosh, your garden looks like Eden! How lush and inviting. Living here in New England, I can't even imagine how wonderful it would be to walk outside and pick my own citrus fruit!... Donna

Kathy said...

The smell of a lemon tree is truly one of the wonders of the world, I will always take a walk in the direction of the lemon tree to smell this time of the year when we are in the desert...great post

ladyjane said...

Sweet Char...Happy Pink Saturday...Happy Spring...we are still celebrating green at our place...stop ver for some green kisses and hugs!

Anonymous said...

OOps....I didn't see this post before I wrote about orange blossoms and their sweet smell. Your fruit trees are amazing Char! Do the grapefruits pull the branches down to the ground? You are truly blessed. We have a peach tree that we have never gotten a peach off of. The deer eat them all up even though we cover it with netting. Oh well....at least the pretty deer are happy. :) xo