A little Bit About Me

My photo




Someplace in Thyme

I have been creating since I was a little girl. I am happy to say that having my own website has opened up a whole new world for me. Trying new mediums is a joy and sometimes a real eye opener. I sell what I create on etsy and my website, someplaceinthyme. If you have questions,please email me at cpeterson72@q.com. I welcome new blog friends and am honored if you find my little piece of heaven interesting enough to follow.

Monday, February 20, 2012

~~MARY MARY, QUITE CONTRARY, HOW DOES YOUR GARDEN GROW~~

It's February, sunny and warm, so I decided yesterday to grab my camera and see what was going on in my garden.
I was shocked to see the Texas Laurel was in full bloom. If you have never seen this beautiful tree, the blooms smell just like grape soda....yummy to look at too.
so pretty, very slow growing, so I never expected to see this!!


Tangelos, (a cross between an orange and tangerine) the longer they remain on the tree, the sweeter they get.

beautiful, deep orange color and so delicious.


ruby red grapefruit


Valencia oranges. These make great oranges for juicing, but are hard to peel and eat. You can peel them, but they take some effort. The skins are thin and I think that is the problem, great flavor though.



Do you like Meyer lemons?


my Camila is starting to bloom

such a lovely flower, it's a shame there is no scent.

I also have some roses blooming:






I hope you have enjoyed your walk with me. Come again soon and we will see together what is blooming in my garden.




8 comments:

sweet violets said...

That was wonderful to see, the flowers are beautiful, but the fruit is soooo yummy looking....you are a lucky gal!!! hugs...cleo

Mimi said...

WOW!!!!
Yours looks great.....I do not think mine are in that much bloom, checking tomorrow!!!
hugs,
jamie

Grandma Linda's Daydreams said...

The Texas Laurel is beautiful! I never heard of it. I do know about bluebonnets. Don't they grow wild in the fields?
Your citrus looks wonderful! How nice to have fresh fruit grow in your own yard! I loved this post, which I found by joining the ECS Cottage Garden Party! Your blog is so very pretty! I am now following you!
Be blessed!
Linda

ornamentsbypink said...

Hi Char, I'm so jealous! Wish I could grow fruit trees in my yard. I ordered a Meyer Lemon plant but it won't be shipped for a couple of months yet. Your Texas Laurel is so pretty! I wonder if it would grow in Michigan.
Mary

romance-of-roses said...

I think having citrus trees is the best, we have a lemon and orange trees. Your garden is lovely, I should get out and take care of mine and I will soon. Hugs...Lu

Anonymous said...

Everything looks so good, the fruit is making me hungry. The oranges and lemons make me want to make some orange marmalade. I was glad to see the Camilla, we have one outside our living window, but I'm afraid it was pruned funny. Not sure if any flowers will bloom this year.

Thanks for the beautiful photos.

blessings, jilly

BECKY said...

Oh my goodness, I have definitely enjoyed the walk with you! What beauty! Ahhh, spring will be in the Midwest soon, too! :)
I'm so sorry I haven't been by in such a long time. I'm trying to get to all my followers in the next few days. Have a wonderful rest of the week!

Connie said...

Meyer lemons are my favorite, sugar!! Yep, they just got them in at our local WM and I'm loving to make fresh lemonade out of them.
xoxo,
Connie