A little Bit About Me

My photo




Someplace in Thyme

I have been creating since I was a little girl. I am happy to say that having my own website has opened up a whole new world for me. Trying new mediums is a joy and sometimes a real eye opener. I sell what I create on etsy and my website, someplaceinthyme. If you have questions,please email me at cpeterson72@q.com. I welcome new blog friends and am honored if you find my little piece of heaven interesting enough to follow.

Thursday, October 6, 2011

What Would You Make?

A couple of months ago, I came across these sweet wooden shapes and just had to have them. I wasn't quite sure what I was going to do with them, so I set them aside for a rainy day.
I have been practicing painting roses and was hoping that my now I would be able to make my grand appearance and surprise everyone with how well I was doing......NOT going to happen this year anyway! :)
Maybe this time next year I will be able to show my work, but sadly, it's long from being good enough.
So.......

I used gorgeous roses decals and sugared the shapes with German glass glitter.


These sweet treasures hang from a pink ribbon and also have handmade paper roses and faux pearls at the top.


Even though they are not hand painted, I think they are just so pretty and perfect for holiday decor.


So you see, you don't have to be able to paint to make something special. I hope you will try this and share what you made. These would be perfect gift giving too.
This and more can be found on my website, SOMEPLACE IN THYME.

5 comments:

ShabbyESP said...

Oh Char they are beautiful!!!
You are so creative!!!
Enjoy your weekend!!
Suzann ~xoxo~

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

These are adorable! I think the decals are so pretty and the glitter adds the finishing touch. Very nice!

Daniella said...

I LOVE these!! I decided a few years ago to re-do my Christmas decor, and turn it into pink Christmas!! Even though my 2 boys aren't pink lovers, they were so happy to see me so excited about it!! These would be perfect for Pink Christmas! You did a fabulous job! I totally love these!
xxDaniella

Blessings from Cindy said...

Char~ These are soooo pretty! :-) You do such nice work!! Thanks for stopping by my blog & entering my giveaway & leaving such sweet comments!! Good luck!
Blessings,
Cindy

Annesphamily said...

Oh My Goodness! These are so sweet! I really like all the pretty treasures you share here today!