A little Bit About Me

My photo




Someplace in Thyme

I have been creating since I was a little girl. I am happy to say that having my own website has opened up a whole new world for me. Trying new mediums is a joy and sometimes a real eye opener. I sell what I create on etsy and my website, someplaceinthyme. If you have questions,please email me at cpeterson72@q.com. I welcome new blog friends and am honored if you find my little piece of heaven interesting enough to follow.

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

A Cottage Halloween?

Fall is not in the air here in the desert. We are still having daily temps in the triple digits. Altho we may be seeing 109 degrees during the day, it is cooling off at night.
With that being the case, it's easy to understand how hard it would be to get into the "autumn" mood for decorating. You really have to push yourself to make it all happen, unpack the boxes and to get motivated. Unless you go to the mountains, which is very do able (you can reach an elevation of over 6000 feet in less than 2 hours) you have to make yourself realize that fall is indeed on it's way.
I love the rich colors and all the hues of this most favorite season. I wait for months for it's beginning.
This is one of the shortest seasons, if not the shortest. It gets pushed out every year by Christmas, so lets all enjoy it, take in the cooler air, admire the changing colors, the leaves falling, fires in the fireplace and best of all, beautiful aromas coming from the oven.
As you probably know by now, I am not a cottage white person. I love color, but so many of my customers enjoy white. Hence, then faux, white, sugar cookie pumpkins. Very shabby and adorable too.
You won't gain weight with these, you won't rot you teeth either. No sugar, no fat and no calories. Just lots and lots of cottage goodness.
These can be found at Someplace In Thyme.com just in time for your cottage white decorating.

7 comments:

Julie Marie said...

Hi Char... I am not an all white decorator either, I must have color, but those white pumpkins are just precious!... xoxo Julie Marie

Lynn said...

Your pumpkins are really cute!

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

I can just see those little white pumpkins on a silver tray.

hugs
Sissie

ArocaFamily said...

Mom, those are soooooo cute!

Shirl said...

Hello Char, I'm still making my PS visits. Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a sweet comment.Love your pink post this week. Your pumpkin cookies are adorable! I loved looking at all your fall decorations!
Blessings, Shirl
Shirls Rose Cottage

Mari said...

HELLO CHAR,
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR BEAUTIFUL COMMENT ON MY BABY GIRL :) LOVE YOUR SUGAR COOKIES SOOO SWEET, THEY WOULD LOOK GREAT IN PINK TOO :)

HUGLETS~XOX~MARI

Brenda ~ The Heminger Farmhouse said...

Hi Char :) Your white pumkins are just so sweet....thanks so much for stopping by yesterday for my Bear's Teaparty. I had waaaaay too much fun putting that vignette together, lol :) I am feeling much better today, but not 100% back to myself yet, but getting there.

Hope you have a lovely day!!

Warmest hugs, Brenda