A little Bit About Me

My photo




Someplace in Thyme

I have been creating since I was a little girl. I am happy to say that having my own website has opened up a whole new world for me. Trying new mediums is a joy and sometimes a real eye opener. I sell what I create on etsy and my website, someplaceinthyme. If you have questions,please email me at cpeterson72@q.com. I welcome new blog friends and am honored if you find my little piece of heaven interesting enough to follow.

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Hey!! Look What I Found

I decided this week to clean out my entire pantry and the closet in my diningroom. What a job. It amazes me that two people can have so much food. Sadly, I thru out a lot of it due to the fact it was expired. I was sad.........
One of the problems is that because we live in the desert, I don't (or at least I try not to) use the oven. It's just too hot outside and makes the inside unbearable. Before you know it, you just forget what's in there....years go by....like I mentioned, I was sad.
The closet in the dining room became a catch all. I can not understand how two people can amass so many things. The closet became one of those places where you put items you don't use everyday and can just forget about. I figure if that is the case, we don't need them....well.....almost. Look what I found!!! Pumpkin dishes!!! I was very excited, in fact, I jumped up and down, thanked the Gods and unpacked them. They were still in their original boxes. That's another story for another day....

Three years ago my mother surprised me with a set of these bowls. I loved them then, but forgot about them. I didn't use them last year......I didn't remember I had them. They had disappeared into a black hole....

The set consists of a large pumpkin bowl and eight, yes eight smaller pumpkin bowls. I am now going thru my cookbooks to find some wonderful soup recipes so we can use these, before they go back into their boxes and get forgotten all over again...:(

My mother bought them from William Sonoma, I love that store.
I also hung up my gorgeous tassel from the tassel house on etsy. It's a pumpkin with a mini corn cob and oh so gorgeous ribbons, cording and trims.
Yes, my blogger buddies, this fall is going to be a season we all remember.





12 comments:

{Bellamere Cottage} said...

Oh my goodness....that made me laugh out loud. I, too, have found buried treasure. Isn't it a thrill? Many years ago when my husband (not this one...and old one) was out of work I found 300 dollars in my coat pocket...I had totally forgotten that I'd cashed a check and stuck it in there. What a Godsend....I'm thrilled for you that your closet cleaning was so "productive"... :-)

Yes, I had thought about a wagon...but I was hoping to find something higher...I might just go snitch my grandson's....he doesn't use it anymore.

Hugs,
Spencer

Anonymous said...

Hey... Don't feel bad we all have those "black holes" where we discover forgotten treasures. I have an old quilt chest that hasn't held quilts in years.... It seems to be the black hole... LOL!!
Maybe I should take a look!!
Love,
Marilyn

Shirl said...

Hello, thank you so much for stopping by. Love your post today, such pretty treasures you found in your closet! I have been cleaning out closets and boxes stached here and there also. Trying to get rid of alot.
I also looked at your previous posts and love your new creations. You make such pretty things. Your candy corn trip looked like fun!
I have a pattern for a small quilt with them that I have been wanting to make.
Have a great week, Shirl
Shirls Rose Cottage

Elyse said...

wow! how fun to find things from williams-sonoma amongst expired food! awesome! wonderful pieces, too!

xo

Mollye said...

Well dang, I wouldn't mind cleaning out your closets. I never ever find goodies in mine. Just maybe a few little mouse turds and junk that no one in the world would ever wear, or rusty jar lids, old toothpicks. Uh you get the drift? The punkins are beauties. Mom will be proud.

Mimi said...

HI!!!
Those pumpkin dishes are way to cute to have been hiding all this time!!!! SO GLAD YOU found them!!!! I also love Williams and Sonoma!!!
Those pumpkins will now be put to good use!!!!!
LOVE THEM
HUGS,
JAMIE
i CANNOT wait til Friday!!!

GwendolynKay said...

Those pumpkin bowls are darling. I would be jumping up and down too! Have a blessed day!
Gwen

Lisa said...

Oh you found the greatest! I never saw these are great!
Enjoy!
Hugs, Lisa

Jil~Say It With Roses said...

Char.....I have sent you a squirrel in the mail....hehehehe!


I love your pumpkin dishes....it is like Christmas to find forgotten treasure!
Hugs,
Jil

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Oh Char!
I had so much fun today. It was wonderful to get to put a voice and face with the bloggers today. I so enjoyed myself. I am thrilled that you loved your gifts. I had so much fun making them.

When I was home visiting my family, Amy's dear friend Leila, was talking about the domino necklaces. Moma found a box of dominoes, and Leila was kind enough to bring her craft bag and we all spent an evening starting the dominoe necklaces. Amy got sick, and we did not get to finish them, they were left behind in Oklahoma, so I bought some supplies and started making some here at home. I so wanted to have some to wear, and some to share. It has been so much fun putting them together.

I so look forward to sharing many crafts and fun days with you. I would love to get together again before the holidays and spend a day sharing a few crafts that we each know how to do. I will be making a stocking and a mitten for you also. You will have to email me your address so that I can do that. It will be your Christmas gift.

I will be visiting you weekly my precious friend. Much love and hugs, Sherry

kayellen said...

how fun!!

Happy Pink Saturday and Halloween too!

Kids looks tooo cute:)

Blessing to you,
KayEllen

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

I love your pumpkin dishes! They are perfect to use right up to Christmas. Willaims-Sonoma has the nicest things...especially when they are on sale ;-)