A little Bit About Me

My photo




Someplace in Thyme

I have been creating since I was a little girl. I am happy to say that having my own website has opened up a whole new world for me. Trying new mediums is a joy and sometimes a real eye opener. I sell what I create on etsy and my website, someplaceinthyme. If you have questions,please email me at cpeterson72@q.com. I welcome new blog friends and am honored if you find my little piece of heaven interesting enough to follow.

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

From Thanksgiving To Christmas, Move Over!!




Thanksgiving, Christmas
What Happened in Between??
Yep, that's my lucky husband ( lucky, because he is married to me!!) getting ready to carve the Thanksgiving turkey. Next to him is our nearly 3 yr. old grand-daughter with her mother on her side. See the smiles??? It's always fun at grandma and grandpa's house. We had a wonderful day and one that brought many blessings to all of us. Just being together and enjoying a lovely meal is a blessing. We are all healthy, safe and enjoy each others company. I can honestly say that I know parents and children that don't want to be in the same room with each other. Such a complete and total loss. Anyway, lets move it along, shall we??!!
Before I knew what hit me, Thanksgiving was gone and Christmas is upon us. I had most of the tree up the day before Thanksgiving and even had some wrapped gifts under it as well. Unbelievable you say? It's true, but I must confess, this is the first year that this has happened. You see, I am one that loves fall so much and the wonderful tradition of giving thanks, that our tree never goes up until Thanksgiving is behind us. This year is different tho because we are going on a trip and there would be no time once we return. This too is a first. More about that when we return. Where are we going, you ask? It's a secret to be revealed upon our return. I have to say that I did like having the tree up this early and may repeat the process next year as well. We all get so harried this time of year and don't enjoy the festivities as much as we should. Lets not forget why we are celebrating in the first place. Lets enjoy our families and spend time together doing things as a family. Lets watch less T.V. and have less computer time. Let's keep the doors open to our rooms and be accessible to one another for chats about what is going on in our lives. A new year will be here all too quickly and this glorious holiday season will just be a memory of the past. Let's make it one to be remembered always.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pics! I didn't know you did stained glass. My sister loves doing it and is trying to get me interested. How fun!!!

Kris said...

Ohhh' great blog. I think this is my first visit. I jumped over here from Nan's blog.

Love the tree and what a sweetie in the picture.

Have a wonderful day.