A little Bit About Me

My photo




Someplace in Thyme

I have been creating since I was a little girl. I am happy to say that having my own website has opened up a whole new world for me. Trying new mediums is a joy and sometimes a real eye opener. I sell what I create on etsy and my website, someplaceinthyme. If you have questions,please email me at cpeterson72@q.com. I welcome new blog friends and am honored if you find my little piece of heaven interesting enough to follow.

Sunday, March 11, 2012

~SUNDAY GRATITUDE~

I woke up this morning happy to have another day with my family, feeling very blessed to be alive.
No, I am not sick, (well, not that I know of anyway. :)) but my heart was heavy with the love and gratitude I felt for what I have been given in life.
Grateful for the clouds in the sky. We live in the desert, and so clouds are a gift. Rain? Even better still.
Just look at the lovely sky....Thank you God.

With my heart so full it wanted to burst, I gave thanks for all the fresh fruit I had, right in my own backyard.


Grateful for fruit that has yet to come. (if you look closely, you will see tiny little limes just beginning their lives.)


Grateful for a nectarine tree in bloom and all the bees that follow.


A desert hibiscus in full bloom....


Roses, with their sweet fragrance and beautiful blooms.


In full bloom, an aloe plant, great for burns.


Grateful for a full hummingbird feeder just waiting for life and the joy it brings.


Ah, but most of all, I am grateful for the opportunity to yet again, say THANK YOU LORD for another lazy Sunday.

8 comments:

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Hi Char Sweetie...
A beautiful share and yes we have so much to be thankful for here in the desert. Such beauty that surrounds us.

I love seeing your tangelos and baby limes. We haven't tried those yet. (Our lemon tree was grown from a seed and we get lemons 2 times a year. We just harvested and before we could get the lemons off, these blooms were there again.)

I have never seen a purple hibiscus, and so love that color. I must add to our orange, red and yellow collection. I will be in search of.

My hummers have already been visiting everything. They are so happy this time of year.

I think your beautiful critter has the best idea of all. A lazy day Sunday. Beautiful share Char, just beautiful.

Have a glorious afternoon sweet friend. Many hugs and much love, Sherry

Unknown said...

You do live in a little piece of heaven in the valley, Char. Your fruits & florals are just beautiful. But I love the lazy day your sweet pooches are having ... I need to follow their example more often.

Have a great week ~
TTFN ~
Marydon

~ GIVEAWAY ends 3/15 ~

Daphne Nicole & Lynda Cade said...

Hi Char, this is such a wonderful post, reminding us to be thankful for all of our many blessings! I wanted to thank you for stopping by for a visit and for your sweet comments!
Hugs~~~ Daphne

Daniella said...

How wonderful! Having a day that makes you grateful! Those pictures are awesome!
xxDaniella

Rebecca P said...

Beautiful post Char.
Just waking each day & seeing all the beauty around us is a gift.
Hugs,
Rebecca

romance-of-roses said...

Hi Char, love the beautiful desert sky and the nectarine tree in bloom is lovely. I have an aloe plant but certainly does not look like yours, my it certainly is big. I love dogs and yours is adorable. Hugs...Lu

Rebecca Nelson said...

Oh Char...loved seeing your tangelos and limes. YUMMEEEE! We all do have so much to be grateful for. God is good. All the time.

As far as getting a lot done????

Well...it's called "my husband's in school and I'm home alone...might as well WORK!"

xoRebecca

Debbi said...

wishing a whole bunch of our Oregon rain on you in AZ....and there is more than enough to go around. I think we had 2+ inches today:(