A little Bit About Me

My photo




Someplace in Thyme

I have been creating since I was a little girl. I am happy to say that having my own website has opened up a whole new world for me. Trying new mediums is a joy and sometimes a real eye opener. I sell what I create on etsy and my website, someplaceinthyme. If you have questions,please email me at cpeterson72@q.com. I welcome new blog friends and am honored if you find my little piece of heaven interesting enough to follow.

Monday, March 19, 2012

~Oh Baby Baby, Bring IT On~ A Desert Rain

Does this look like rain to you? I ask because it's common to see clouds dark like this and never see a drop of the wet stuff.
The average rain fall in the desert is around 4 inches a year, not much is it?
Well, here we go bloggers, this is what the clouds Gods brought us and it was wonderful....

Notice the white stuff on the ground? Yep, it's hail, big balls of hail.






Seems strange to be picking fresh fruit off my trees in the morning, and then see the hail on the ground that same day.




After the hail, we had glorious rain, a much needed rain and it made my day.



We were all doing the happy dance. Now that the ground is wet, the plants are happy, bring on the buds!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't ya' just love it??!!??
Have a Great Day!!
Marilyn

Mimi said...

HI!!!
GREAT SHOTS!!!!
WE GOT LOTS OF HAIL TOO!!!!
I will post mine soon!!!
hugs,
jamie
39 degrees in my car....for about 15 minutes!!!THAT IS COLD for 11 a.m. in March!!!!

romance-of-roses said...

Beautiful rain, I love rain it makes everything so clean and bright and of course brings us pretty blooms. I like your yard and fruit tree. Hugs...Lu

Unknown said...

Charm your pics are fabulous. Great captures. Now we got your rain ... boy, did we need it, too.

Have a beautiful week ~
TTFN ~
Hugs,
Marydon

~ GIVEAWAY ends 3/30 ~

Unknown said...

Starr,
You are one of my GIVEAWAY winners!
Could you please forward me your mailing address, as I am shipping packages this week.
xoxo,
Mary

AudreyO said...

We had quite a rain storm this past weekend and I was thrilled that all my fruit trees got watered :)