A little Bit About Me

My photo




Someplace in Thyme

I have been creating since I was a little girl. I am happy to say that having my own website has opened up a whole new world for me. Trying new mediums is a joy and sometimes a real eye opener. I sell what I create on etsy and my website, someplaceinthyme. If you have questions,please email me at cpeterson72@q.com. I welcome new blog friends and am honored if you find my little piece of heaven interesting enough to follow.

Monday, August 2, 2010

Will YOU Be Ready, Because......It's A Coming!!!

I know, I know, no one is quite ready to hear the HO HO HO sounds of the holidays, but if you are like me and have a website or shop, no doubt you are getting ready for what's about to come.
This past week, I have completed what I think are two beautiful stockings and have just about completed my third. I am over the top happy, because last year, I was very late......yep, just like the white rabbit......late, late, late. I never want to feel like that again, and so it begins.

Don't you just love pink and green together. What a beautiful combination!!

The sweet child on this image stole my heart away. She is just so soft and oozies sweetness, just like the angel that she is.

Lots of vintage lace was used on this stocking. Glitter glows on the dress and wings too.


Beautiful blue roses and you have to have a bell. These and more can be found on my website, someplaceinthyme.
Don't wait too long to get started on your projects.....you'll be sorry!!! HA!

13 comments:

Shirley said...

Hi Char, Your stockings are so pretty and I love the last picture of your angel. She definitely looks like an Angel. If the next few months go as fast as the last one it will be Christmas whether we are ready or not. Have a wonderful day. Your Missouri Friend.

Annesphamily said...

You're so talented! You remind me of my late aunt Ang. She created the most amazing handmade Christmas stockings. She had terrible arthiritis in her hands and she hand sewed each sequin in place to personalize the stockings. I only wish my two younger children had her homemade treasures. I love the second stocking you show here although any of them would be a beautiful welcomed addition to someone's Christmas cheer! Thanks sweet Char, you are so dear. Anne

Blessings from Cindy said...

You are so right, Char. The holidays will be here before you know it. I am knee-deep... well maybe not quite that deep! lol, but I am also working on some Christmas items for sale. I posted some pics of completed items and some of things to come. Your stockings are fabulous and I am in awe of all the work you lovingly add to each one. I recently got several antique laces myself and it is so neat to work with them. Happy Creating!
Blessings,
Cindy

Crowing Moon said...

They are breathtaking....absolutely gorgeous. I have a few printed images I could do something similar with for my girls if you dont mind me "stealing" some inspiration from yours :) I made my two boys a large santa sack each in patchwork and wanted something a little different for the girls. Especially since my older girls have all outgrown the santa side of things.....Little Miss D has yet to discover santa and the excitement of Christmas

Anonymous said...

Oh My.... These stocking are beautiful! They put me in the mood of the holidays!!
Have a Great Day!
Marilyn

ImagiMeri said...

Hi Charlotte,

Lovely stockings.......you are going to be so prepared. I've got some ideas for Christmas, too, and hopefully will start implementing them soon.

Hugs,
Meri

Barb said...

Dear Rooster Party Participant,

Just a reminder that this coming Friday, August 6th is the Rooster Party. I am so looking forward to seeing your post.

Thanks for joining and I hope you have a wonderful time.

Hugs, Barb

stefanie said...

They are beautiful!!! but I an not ready for the holidays to be here!!!

Anne Lorys said...

Those stockings are adorable!

But, but.....I'm not ready for Christmas yet! Eep, better get it together!!! :-)

Have a wonderful week!
Hugs,
Anne

GwendolynKay said...

Oh my goodness!! That blue angel stocking is just stunning! Yes, the holidays are just around the corner. Looking forward to them.
Blessings~
Gwen

MyThoughtsMyVoice said...

You know, we don't really practice Halloween and Thanksgiving Day. No 4 seasons too. So for us (at least that is what I observed in the past), once the "ber" month start, Christmas is just around the corner :-)

It'll never be too early :-)

Mizpah,
Li

(love the little bell detail too :-) )

A Rose Without A Thorn said...

Char, your Christmas stockings are so beautiful. It is lovely to look and feast on your latest creations for the up coming holidays. Thanks for sharing, your friend, Maureen.

Rose said...

your xmas stockings are beautiful. I have no ability to make anything like these. You've got talent. Rose