A little Bit About Me

My photo




Someplace in Thyme

I have been creating since I was a little girl. I am happy to say that having my own website has opened up a whole new world for me. Trying new mediums is a joy and sometimes a real eye opener. I sell what I create on etsy and my website, someplaceinthyme. If you have questions,please email me at cpeterson72@q.com. I welcome new blog friends and am honored if you find my little piece of heaven interesting enough to follow.

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

MY FAVORITE SEASON IS ON IT'S WAY~YIPPEE

I have had enough of this heat and am ready for a little cooling off time. Here in the desert, fall really doesn't show it's color until after Thanksgiving. Yes, you heard right, AFTER Thanksgiving. As a matter of fact, we usually sit at the table in shorts and tee shirts. Now, if you want to go up into the mountains, that's another story altogether.
I have begun my jouney in my studio working on my fall creations and I am so happy. New colors, all rich and dark have taken over and they make me smile. They are the future, the near future.
Tables displays and tassels, oh, lots and lots of pretty tassels. Indian Corn, Pumpkins and even Scarecrows.
Lots more to come, but for now, this will have to do. It gives me hope that one day I can turn off the air conditioner.
These and more are available at someplace in thyme.


14 comments:

Julie Marie said...

Those are so adorable! Fall is my very favorite time of year too... can't wait to see your Autumn birdie tassels! xoxo Julie Marie

Anonymous said...

Your Autumn decor looks wonderful!! We are in NE Pa. & we are hot (90's) & humid......
Bring on the cool crisp air!!
Love,
Marilyn

Charlotte said...

Me too, Charlotte. Fall is my favorite time of the year. Nice decorations. And great rooster post before this one.
Hugs,
Charlotte

Shirley said...

Hi Char, I am so ready for the fall of the year and hopefully it will be cooler. It is my favorite time of the year to travel. If you get cooler weather before we do, will you please send some my way. We hit a 100 and I don't want to think about the heat index. I liked your rooster post. It made me think of my childhood growing up on the farm. Take care. Your Missouri Friend.

Nancy said...

Well - I came for the rooster party and PS but stayed for this post! LOL I hate the heat, too...sick of it and sooo ready for fall. Loved all of your roosters and your work is just fabulous. xoxo Nancy

Debbi said...

these are gorgeous fall decorations Char! But unlike the others who DON'T live in the Pacific Northwest, we folks up here are still waiting for a halfway decent summer!

Kathy said...

I love fall too and hopefully we will get to go back East where it is just over the top beautiful there....and LOVE your roosters you have such beautiful ones..thanks for dropping by, I love your blog and will be back as a follower!

sweet violets said...

Yes, this is also my very fav time of year,so sick and tired of all this endless heat, can't wait for cool crisp evenings......and then winter, my next fav time....I know, I Am so weird.......love your Fall offerings Char, nice job!!! hugs...cleo

Kat said...

I am looking forward to fall too and all the baking I will be doing. I am having a giveaway on my baking blog, so if you get a chance please stop by and visit.
http://sweetkatskitchen.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Those little things you did (I do not know how you call them) are very pretty and so in the autumnal spirits. I love them.

Donetta said...

Too cute. What did you use for the corn? beads?

Rettabug said...

You've got some really pretty creations, Char! I'm really looking forward to FALL...its been a wickedly hot summer here in Ohio.

Loved the peek at all your pretty Roosters, too! Quite a collection!

Thanks for stopping by the Gazebo House.
I'll be back to tour your blog as soon as I hit 'publish' on this post.

fondly,
Rett

Becky K. said...

Fall....I cannot wait!!! Your items look wonderful to me. Hope you are having a great day.

Becky K.
Hospitality Lane

Unknown said...

I've been working on Fall for the past 2 weeks. Glad to see I'm not alone! Very cute projects!

I actually need to start on Christmas! Every year it sneaks up on me. I keep telling myself I'll do one Christmas painting each month, but I never do. ;)