A little Bit About Me

My photo




Someplace in Thyme

I have been creating since I was a little girl. I am happy to say that having my own website has opened up a whole new world for me. Trying new mediums is a joy and sometimes a real eye opener. I sell what I create on etsy and my website, someplaceinthyme. If you have questions,please email me at cpeterson72@q.com. I welcome new blog friends and am honored if you find my little piece of heaven interesting enough to follow.

Thursday, April 14, 2011

I Just Got Back From Puerto Viarta

If you have been wondering where I have been the last two weeks, I have been having fun in Puerto Viarta, Mexico. And just in case you have not been wondering where I have been, now you know, or maybe you don't care, but I am back and ready to share the first post of many pictures.
Look closely and you will see coconuts hanging from the palm trees above. Just too pretty for words.

There are eight pools on the grounds and the grounds are beautiful as you can see from the above picture.
Coming from the desert, the green was a very welcome scene.


If you hit the season just right, you can catch the men climbing the coconut trees and cutting the fruit down. They climb up barefoot and use ropes. The fruit comes down in bunches.


One complex of many where we stayed. We got lucky this trip and were on the beach. We kept the door open and could hear the surf all night. What a wonderful way to sleep.


This was a very relaxing place, beautiful flowers that I will be showing tomorrow for Pink Saturday.


While walking along the grounds, we spotted a cruise ship.

A Holland America docked for the day.


I have seen the workers take stems from hibiscus, roses and other plants and just stick them in dirt to grow. Talk about having a green thumb. I wish it was that easy for me!!
I just love a place where you can't jog. Now that's for me.
So much more to come. This is the first post of many. I took lots of pictures of the flowers and some critters too.

7 comments:

Lynn said...

Good for you, welcome home! I've been there, fun! Absolutely lovin' the no jogging sign:@)

sweet violets said...

Welcome home girlfriend!!! Missed you....the pics are beautiful, why are there no people in the pool??? cleo

Connie said...

Girl, I just did a blog post about Puerto Vallarta and where we always stayed when we went down there and it looks like Los Tules in your photos. Is that the place? It is my favorite place in Mexico to stay, sugar!
xoxo,
Connie

Kathy said...

My dad lives in Puerto Vallarta most of the year and I sure miss it about now....could use the sun so glad you reminded me...I better try and figure out how to get down to see him! Thanks!

Mimi said...

HI!!
HOW FUN!!
What a Beautiful place for sure!!!I love anything tropical!!!Love the trees, the beach even the sand!!!
Hugs,
jamie

Paula ~ castleandcottagesigns said...

oh wow...looks like paradise Char!! I'm not so sure I would of come home:)

Debbi said...

ahhh, that is one gorgeous place. Never been to Mexico...well we did go to Rosarita Beach and drank too much tequila! Jim likes Kona and Key West for his tropical haunts, so I probably will never get him to Mexico LOL