A little Bit About Me

My photo




Someplace in Thyme

I have been creating since I was a little girl. I am happy to say that having my own website has opened up a whole new world for me. Trying new mediums is a joy and sometimes a real eye opener. I sell what I create on etsy and my website, someplaceinthyme. If you have questions,please email me at cpeterson72@q.com. I welcome new blog friends and am honored if you find my little piece of heaven interesting enough to follow.

Monday, February 2, 2009

The Best Oatmeal Blueberry Bars EVER



I am hopeing that you won't mind one more recipe from me, so soon after the sugar cookie, but these are good!!!! They may be great to think about for the Easter weekend with your families.

1 3/4 cups Quick or old fashioned oatmeal

1 1/2 cups Flour, 3/4 Cup Brown sugar

1/2 teaspoon Baking soda, 1/2 teaspoon salt

1/2 cup Chopped nuts, optional

3/4 Margarine or butter, melted

To grease pan, Cooking spray or shortening.

FILLING

2 cups Fresh or frozen blueberries

1/2 cup Sugar

2 Tablespoons Cornstarch

3 Tablespoons Water; divided, 2 Tablespoons and 1 Tablespoon

2 teaspoons Lemon juice

CRUST

Grease 11"x 7" baking dish. Combine oats, flour, brown sugar, nuts, baking soda and salt.

Add margarine or butter; mix until crumbly. Reserve 3/4 cup of mixture. Press remaining mixture into bottom of baking dish. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.

FILLING

Combine blueberries, sugar and 2 Tablespoons of water in saucepan on stovetop. Bring to a boil; simmer for 2 mintues, uncovered, stirring occasionally.

Combine 1 Tablespoon of water, cornstarch and lemon juice. Mix well. Gradually, stir into blueberry mixture. Cook and stir 30 seconds, until thick.

Spread over baked crust to within 1/4" of edge.

Sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture. Bake at 350 degrees for 18 to 20 minutes. Cool, Cut into squares.

Just so you know, the sweet angel sitting in the chair is my 3 yr old grand-daughter, Allie, the light of my life.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

This recipe sounds scrumptious. I will save it and try it on one of my cooking days.

Janet

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for visiting and leaving a comment on my new blog ~ Rose Meadow Cottage Ramblings. I'm such a novice I didn't even realize it was there! I truly appreciate the encouragement. Your blog is lovely - something to aspire to. And keep those yummy recipes coming! Nancy

Connie from Beverly Hills California said...

Sounds delicious!!! We luv blueberries. I will have to make this. Had a great visit. Please stop by when you can. Connie
thecottageloft.blogspot.com

Tracie~MyPetiteMaison said...

This recipe sounds so good, Char. I'll have to make it (or have my husband make it ;) this weekend. I love blueberries! Darling photo too.

Have a great weekend!
~Tracie

Jil~Say It With Roses said...

And, who is that cutie with the red hair????

I am going to copy your recipe as it sounds delicious!!!
Hugs,
Jil

amber peterson said...

Hi Mom! Cute little girl if I do say so myself! :) I am glad you put those recipes up, now I have them and I didn't have to bug you for them. I can agree that both those recipes are delicious!

Vylat said...

Blueberry Bars, yummy recipe. HAPPY PINK DAY.