A little Bit About Me

My photo




Someplace in Thyme

I have been creating since I was a little girl. I am happy to say that having my own website has opened up a whole new world for me. Trying new mediums is a joy and sometimes a real eye opener. I sell what I create on etsy and my website, someplaceinthyme. If you have questions,please email me at cpeterson72@q.com. I welcome new blog friends and am honored if you find my little piece of heaven interesting enough to follow.

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Chihuly In The Garden

 I was introduced to Dale Chihuly's work about five years ago when he was showing at the Phoenix Botanical Gardens. I was in love. What a talent this man from Tacoma, Washington has.
 When I discovered he was showing again this year, I knew I had to go and go and go again. When you walk up to the Botanical Gardens, this is the first glimpse you get. Three tall glass art forms that resemble cactus.
 It's an amazing site for sure and can take your breathe away!
 I don't know how he does it, the colors going from the center, dark and gorgeous, to the outside, perfect and magnificent.
 I am not a glass artist by any means, but where would you begin?
 I would love this in my garden. I often wonder what the crating of his work is like. I think that subject would make a good movie, from beginning to end.
 Chihily's work needs no words, it's just perfect.

I have many more to share, but that will have to wait until next week. I hope you will go see his work if you ever have a chance. He shows all over the world.

4 comments:

deb said...

So interesting and unusual. Very pretty to see such color in the garden
*hugs*deb

Foxhollow Studio said...

I love Chihuly and this is a beautiful example of his work. Your pillows are absolutely beautiful.
Teresa
www.foxhollowtales.com

The Polka Dot Closet said...

So great to hear from you!! I love those glass sculptures and have seen similar ones in high end hotels. Thank you for your great advice on my Flea. You asked about food vendors, since I am doing it at the fairgrounds their vendors have to do the food. Kind of glad it is one less thing to worry about!

Carol

Chandy said...

Wow, wow! That's beautiful!